Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Liza Lou- featured artist- breaking boundaries- she beads the world!!!





Liza Lou beads the world. She states "I began as a painter and I walked into a bead store and it was just like a flash in my mind. I just thought, 'My God, that's the most amazing paint I've ever seen."
In school she was ostracized for her choice of materials, she explains that most thought she was making jewelry. "I had become a sort of craft person, and that's not a good thing apparently," says Lou. "If you're doing something with beads then your're a craft person. If you're making paintings, you're an artist. You're a fine artist and there were very distinct categories."
Her response was to leave school and pursue her passion- what would you do???

To read more articles and see more images of her work click below

No comments: